*Author equally contributed
- Deep learning with passive optical nonlinear mapping Fei Xia, Kyungduk Kim,Yaniv Eliezer, Liam Shaughnessy, Sylvain Gigan, Hui Cao, arxiv 20307.08558.
- Hardware-efficient, large-scale reconfigurable optical neural network (ONN) with backpropagation Fei Xia*, Ziao Wang*, Logan Wright,Tatsuhiro Onodera, Martin Stein, Jianqi Hu, Peter McMahon, Sylvain Gigan, SPIE Photonics West, AI and Optical Data Sciences IV, 2023
- RFP-Cyanine Dye Probe Pair for In vivo Neurovascular Multiphoton Imaging Fei Xia, David Sinefeld, Zong Chang, Xiaojing Gong, Qinchao Sun, bioarxiv 2023.05.04.539515
- Three-dimensional operando optical imaging of single particle and electrolyte heterogeneities inside Li-ion batteries.Raj Pandya, Lorenzo Valzania*, Florian Dorchies*, Fei Xia*, Jeffrey Mc Hugh, Angus Mathieson, Jien Hwee Tan, Thomas G. Parton, Michael De Volder, Jean-Marie Tarascon, Sylvain Gigan, Hilton B. de Aguiar, Alexis Grimaud. Nature Nanotechnology. (2023). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41565-023-01466-4
- “Physics-based neural network for non-invasive control of coherent light in scattering media.” Alexandra d’Arco, Fei Xia, Antoine Boniface, Jonathan Dong, and Sylvain Gigan. Opt. Express 30, 30845-30856 (2022)
- “Three-Photon Adaptive Optics for Mouse Brain Imaging.” David Sinefeld, Fei Xia, Mengran Wang, Tianyu Wang, Chunyan Wu, Xusan Yang, Hari P. Paudel, Dimitre G. Ouzounov, Thomas G. Bifano, and Chris Xu. Frontiers in Neuroscience: 774. 2022.
- “Deep-tissue Three-photon Fluorescence Microscopy in Intact Mouse and Zebrafish Brain.” Hontani, Y., Akbari, N., Kolkman, K. E., Wu, C., Xia, F., Choe, K., Wang, G. Z., Sokolova, M., Fetcho, J. R., Xu, C. Journal of Visual Experiment (179), e63213, doi:10.3791/63213 (2022).
- “Imaging deeper than the transport mean free path with multiphoton microscopy,” Najva Akbari, Mihailo R Rebec, Fei Xia and Chris Xu, Biomedical Optics Express 13, 452-463 (2022)
- “Spatially resolved measurements of ballistic and total transmission in microscale tissue samples from 450 nm to 1624 nm,” Aaron T. Mok, Jamien Shea, Chunyan Wu, Fei Xia, Rose Tatarsky, Nilay Yapici, and Chris Xu, Biomedical Optics Express 13, 438-451 (2022)
- “Short-Wave Infrared Confocal Fluorescence Imaging of Deep Mouse Brain with a Superconducting Nanowire Single-Photon Detector“, Fei Xia, Monique Grevers, Andreas Fognini, Aaron Mok, Bo Li, Najva Akbari, Iman Zadeh, Jessie Qin-Dregely, Chris Xu. ACS Photonics, 8, 9, 2800–2810, 2021.
- “Closed-loop wavefront sensing and correction in mouse brain enabled by computed optical coherence microscopy“, Siyang Liu*, Fei Xia*, Xusan Yang, Meiqi Wu, Laurie A Bizimana, Chris Xu, Steven G Adie, Biomedical Optics Express, 12(8), 4934-4954, 2021.
- “Simultaneous multimodal optical coherence and three-photon microscopy of the mouse brain in the 1700 nm optical window in vivo” Xusan Yang*, Siyang Liu*, Fei Xia*, Meiqi Wu, Steven Adie, Chris Xu. Proceedings of SPIE: Multiphoton Microscopy in the Biomedical Sciences XXI, 11648, 2021
- “Multicolor three-photon fluorescence imaging with single-wavelength excitation deep in mouse brain.” Yusaku Hontani, Fei Xia, and Chris Xu. Science Advances 7.12: eabf3531.2021
- “Microscopic sensors using optical wireless integrated circuits.” Alejandro J. Cortese, Conrad L. Smart, Tianyu Wang, Michael F. Reynolds, Samantha L. Norris, Yanxin Ji, Sunwoo Lee, Aaron Mok, Chunyan Wu, Fei Xia, Nathan I. Ellis, Alyosha C. Molnar, Chris Xu, and Paul L. McEuen., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 117(17), pp.9173-9179. 2020.
- “Quantitative analysis of 1300-nm three-photon calcium imaging in the mouse brain.“ Tianyu Wang, Chunyan Wu, Dimitre G. Ouzounov, Wenchao Gu, Fei Xia, Minsu Kim, Xusan Yang, Melissa R. Warden, and Chris Xu. elife 9: e53205. 2020.
- “Multi-photon wavefront sensor, methods, and applications.” Chris Xu, David Sinefeld, and Fei Xia. U.S. Patent 16/483,971, WO2018151842, filed January 23, 2020.
- “Amplification of 18 OAM modes in a ring-core erbium-doped fiber with low differential modal gain.” Jingwen Ma*, Fei Xia*, Shi Chen*, Shuhui Li, and Jian Wang. Optics Express 27, no. 26 (2019): 38087-38097.
- “Impact of the emission wavelengths on in vivo multiphoton imaging of mouse brains.” Mengran Wang, Minsu Kim, Fei Xia, and Chris Xu. Biomedical Optics Express 10, no. 4: 1905-1918. 2019.
- “Simultaneous two-and three-photon imaging of multilayer neural activities with remote focusing.” Aaron T. Mok, Tianyu Wang, Fei Xia, Chunyan Wu, and Chris Xu. In 2019 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO), pp. 1-2. IEEE, 2019.
- “In vivo label-free confocal imaging of the deep mouse brain with long-wavelength illumination.” Fei Xia*, Chunyan Wu*, David Sinefeld, Bo Li, Yifan Qin, and Chris Xu. Biomedical Optics Express, 9, no. 12: 6545-6555. 2018.
- “Comparing the effective attenuation lengths for long wavelength in vivo imaging of the mouse brain.” Mengran Wang, Chunyan Wu, David Sinefeld, Bo Li, Fei Xia, and Chris Xu. Biomedical Optics Express 9, no. 8: 3534-3543. 2018.
- “Multi-color background-free coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy using a time-lens source” Yifan Qin, Bo Li, Fei Xia, Yuanqin Xia, and Chris Xu. Optics Express 26, no. 26: 34474-34483. 2018.
- “Two-photon Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor.” Fei Xia*, David Sinefeld*, Bo Li, Chris Xu, Optics Letters, 42 (6), 1141-1144. 2017.
- “The Use of Non-Contrast Quantitative MRI to Detect Gadolinium-Enhancing Multiple Sclerosis Brain Lesions: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Ajay Gupta, Khalid Al-Dasuqi, Fei Xia, Yizhe Zhao, Diana Delgado, Yi Wang, American Journal of Neuroradiology: 38 (7), 1317-1322,2017.
- “Dual-slit confocal light sheet microscopy for in vivo whole-brain imaging of zebrafish.” Zhe Yang, Li Mei, Fei Xia, Qingming Luo, Ling Fu, Hui Gong. Biomedical Optics Express, 6(5):1797-1811. 2015.
- “Experimental Demonstration of Free-Space Optical Communications Using Orbital Angular Momentum (OAM) Array Encoding/Decoding“. Shuhui Li, Zhidan Xu, Jun Liu, Nan Zhou, Yifan Zhao, Long Zhu, Fei Xia, Jian Wang. CLEO: Science and Innovations, San Jose, CA, USA; 05/2015 [link]
- “On-Chip Scalable All-Optical Signal Converter of Advanced Modulation Format Signals Up to 256-QAM Based On Silicon Photonics Devices.” Chengcheng Gui, Fei Xia, Jingwen Ma, Jian Wang. Asia Communications and Photonics Conference, Shanghai, China; 11/2014 [link]