There are various opportunities for Cornell University faculty to get involved with the LSAMP Scholars.
- Mentor a Cornell student in your lab or group during the academy year or summer as part of LSAMP REU
- LSAMP staff can help you connect with students affiliated with Diversity Programs in Engineering through LSAMP, Ryan Scholars, NACME Scholars, and student groups and more!
- For summer, LSAMP welcomes cost-share opportunities through your own research grants or NSF REU supplements to support a student’s stipend and/or living expenses.
- Attend the Diversity Undergraduate Summer Research Symposium (August)
- Encourage students who meet the eligibility criteria to apply to LSAMP Scholars
- Participate in the Upstate LSAMP Faculty Advisory Board
- Give a short talk during an LSAMP Scholars meeting on a topic such as:
- Your research
- Applying to graduate school
- Faculty life and why one should pursue an PhD in STEM
- Getting the most out of your undergraduate research experience
- Recommend an advanced graduate student for employment as an LSAMP Graduate Coordinator during the academic year or summer.
For questions, please contact:
Associate Director, Diversity Programs in Engineering
Diversity Programs in Engineering