Program Dates: July 18-24, 2021
Apply by March 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. See below for information about COVID-19 impact on CURIE Academy.
Curie Academy is a one-week residential program for high school girls who excel in math and science. The focus is on rising juniors and seniors who may not have had prior opportunities to explore engineering, but want to learn more about it in an interactive atmosphere. This summer come to Cornell University and explore the many possibilities awaiting you in engineering. Find out more about the program!
- Academy Overview: eligibility, tuition, and scholarship information
- Schedule: sample Academy schedule
- Application Requirements: includes links to the online application
- Application Preview
- FAQs: regarding the application process and the Academy or travel
- Research project: learn more about the lead faculty and this summer’s project
- Express your creativity and explore your passions!
- Push the limits of your imagination!
- Reward yourself for being great in math and science!
- Lead a career in science, business, medicine, law, politics, natural resources, or countless other areas!
- Work with people from various backgrounds and cultures!
- Make the world a better place to live!
COVID-19 Update: Diversity Programs in Engineering staff has not yet determined whether we will hold an onsite or virtual program for summer 2021. Decisions are pending and will be guided by Cornell University, local, NY State, and CDC regulations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Applicants will be updated on any changes to the status of the program.
We thank the following partners for their generous support of the CURIE Academy.
Cornell Alumni Donors:
- Han-Yang Lo ’98
- Elaine Tam ’98
- Harvey Willensky ’71 and Margie Willensky
- Robert L. Ryan ’68
- Black & Decker