Program Dates: July 19-23, 2021
We are no longer accepting applications for 2021. Applications were due by March 15th. See below for updates and information about COVID-19 impact on CURIE Academy.
CURIE Academy is a one-week program for high school girls who excel in math and science. The program will be held online in 2021. The focus is on rising juniors and seniors who may not have had prior opportunities to explore engineering, but want to learn more about it in an interactive atmosphere. This summer connect with Cornell University and explore the many possibilities awaiting you in engineering. Find out more about the program!
- Academy Overview: eligibility, tuition, and scholarship information
- Schedule: sample Academy schedule
- Application Requirements: includes links to the online application
- Application Preview
- FAQs: regarding the application process and the Academy or travel
- Research project: learn more about the lead faculty and this summer’s project
- Express your creativity and explore your passions!
- Push the limits of your imagination!
- Reward yourself for being great in math and science!
- Lead a career in science, business, medicine, law, politics, natural resources, or countless other areas!
- Work with people from various backgrounds and cultures!
- Make the world a better place to live!
COVID-19 Update: The 2021 program will be held online. We understand that students were hoping to visit the Cornell Ithaca campus. However, conducting the program online is the best option to reduce risk for all involved, be in compliance with current Cornell University visitor rules, and provide a great learning opportunity for students.
We thank the following partners for their generous support of the CURIE Academy.
Cornell Alumni Donors:
- Han-Yang Lo ’98
- Elaine Tam ’98
- Harvey Willensky ’71 and Margie Willensky
- Robert L. Ryan ’68
- Black & Decker