<Last Updated: June 2018>
Senior Machine Learning Researcher, Prowler.io, Cambridge, UK.
– – – – – – – –
Postdoctoral Researcher, Electrical Engineering Department, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ.
I joined professor Mung Chiang’s (currently at Purdue University) and professor Yuxin Chen’s (Princeton University) research groups as a postdoctoral research associate. At Princeton University I worked on distributed optimization and learning on networks, and distributed and real time machine learning over limited and heterogeneous computational nodes.
– – – – – – – –
PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 2017.
My dissertation focused on Sequential Inference and Decision Making, Online Learning and Multi Armed Bandit problems. My research was motivated by emerging applications such as online ad placement and web search, and social and economic networks, as well as recent engineering applications such as detection of heavy hitters and denial-of-service attacks in the Internet, and communication and computer networks and short-term instability detection from PMU measurements in power systems. I have worked on time-varying models, risk-averse measures, hierarchical observations, and non-parametric composite hypotheses .
Master in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA, 2013.
My Master thesis focused on Online Learning in dynamic environments under unknown models.
Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2011.
– – – – – – – –
My research interests include but is not limited to:
- Online Learning and Multi-Armed Bandit Theory
- Sequential Inference and Decision Making
- Stochastic Optimization
- Social and Economic Networks
- Distributed Machine Learning on Networks
- Game Theory and Multi-Agent Systems
- Signals and Information, ECE2200 at Cornell University, Instructor: Professor Peter Doerschuk, 2016.
- Introduction to Signals and Systems I, EEC150A at UC Davis, Instructor: Professor Qing Zhao, 2012.
- Communication Systems, Sharif University, Instructor: Professor Fereidoon Behnia, 2010.
- Invited to 56th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, IL, USA, 2018.
- Member of the technical program committee of the IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special Issue on Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communications in Wireless Networks, 2018.
- Invited to INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 2018.
- Endorsed as an exceptional talent in machine learning and data science by Tech City UK on behalf of the UK Secretary of State, UK, 2018.
- Member of the technical program committee for the 52nd Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS) 2018.
- 2015-16 academic year graduate student fellowship, scool of electrical and computer engineering, Cornell University.
- The top scorer of oral PhD preliminary exam in signal and systems area (8/8), electrical and computer engineering department, University of California, Davis, 2011.
- Fall 2011 graduate student fellowship, electrical and computer engineering department, University of California, Davis.
- Ranked the 23rd among more than 350,000 participants in national university entrance exam, Iran, 2007 .
I have reviewed papers submitted to:
- European Journal of Operational Research 2018
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special Issue on Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communications in Wireless Networks 2018
- Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS) 2017
- IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2017
- American Control Conference (ACC) 2017
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 2017
- IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT) 2017
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 2016
- IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking 2015
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 2015
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 2014
- IEEE International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC) 2014
- IEEE Military Communication Conference (MILCOM) 2014