Applications will open in December and be due by March 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. See below for information about COVID-19 impact on CATALYST Academy.
CATALYST Academy is a one-week residential program for rising high school juniors and seniors from underrepresented backgrounds who desire to learn about engineering and careers within an interactive milieu. This summer come to Cornell University and find out for yourself at the CATALYST Academy! Find out more about the program!
- About CATALYST: eligibility, tuition, and scholarship information
- Schedule: sample Academy schedule
- Application Requirements: includes links to the online application
- Application Preview
- FAQs: regarding the application process and the Academy or travel
- Research project: learn more about the lead faculty and this summer’s project
- Express your creativity and explore your passions!
- Push the limits of your imagination!
- Reward yourself for being great in math and science!
- Lead a career in science, business, medicine, law, politics, natural resources, or countless other areas!
- Work with people from various backgrounds and cultures!
- Make the world a better place to live!
COVID-19 Impact: Diversity Programs in Engineering staff has not yet determined whether we will hold an onsite or virtual program for summer 2021. Decisions are pending and will be guided by Cornell University, local, NY State, and CDC regulations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Applicants will be updated on any changes to the status of the program.
We thank the following partners for their generous support of the CATALYST Academy.
Cornell Alumni Donors:
- Han-Yang Lo ’98
- Elaine Tam ’98
- Harvey Willensky ’71 and Margie Willensky
- Robert L. Ryan ’68
- Black & Decker