We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020 program.
The online application, online recommendation, transcript, high school profile, and financial assistance form (optional) must be received by March 2, 2020 (by 11:59 pm EST).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a high school rising junior or senior
- Young women interested in learning about engineering
CURIE Academy tuition – $1450.00*
- Includes room, board/meals, and research supplies
- Payable after notification of acceptance/admission
We strive to make the program accessible for our participants. We encourage applicants who are concerned about affordability to apply for a scholarship.
Additionally, rising seniors (class of 2021) who are African/Black American, Latino, Native American/Alaska Native, or Pacific Islander and/or first generation college students meeting the requirements below will automatically be considered for a tuition waiver for the 2020 CURIE Academy.
- Math Score on the SAT/PSAT/Subject Test should be 620 or above (or equivalent ACT score of 28 or above) and/or
- Have taken, currently taking or plan to take the following courses prior to graduating in 2021: Calculus, Physics, and/or Chemistry (or related advanced Science and Math courses)
*Tuition is subject to change
- Scholarships for tuition and/or travel are available based upon demonstrated need.
- Submit the Application for Financial Assistance in conjunction with the CURIE Academy application.
- If admitted to CURIE Academy, scholarship awards will be included in the notification.
- All participants are required to pay a $75 non-refundable deposit.
To apply for a scholarship, submit the following by March 2:
- Financial Assistance Form
- Upload supporting documents. See Financial Assistance application for details.
Admission Decisions will be released by early May via email