Must meet all the following academic criteria:
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, with strong performance in math and science courses.
- Be a current high school sophomore or junior at the time of application.
- Be on an academic trajectory that will include the following courses prior to graduation:
- AP Calculus AB or BC or its equivalent
- AP Physics or its equivalent (calculus-based physics, such as AP Physics C, is preferred)
- Honors or AP Chemistry or their equivalents
- Additional rigorous math, science, computer science, or STEM-related courses
In addition, must meet one or more of the following:
- Experienced situations or conditions that impacted your advancement or ability to advance in a STEM field based on being a woman in STEM.
- Demonstrated commitment to address the barriers that prevent participation of women in STEM.
- Demonstrated leadership potential to address the issues of underrepresentation of women in STEM.
CURIE Academy tuition – $1,850.00 (tuition is subject to change)
- Includes room, board/meals, and research supplies
- Payable after notification of acceptance/admission
We strive to make the program accessible for our participants. We encourage applicants who are concerned about affordability to apply for a scholarship.
- Scholarships for tuition and/or travel are available based upon demonstrated need.
- To be considered for a scholarship, submit the Financial Assistance Form in conjunction with the CURIE Academy Application and supporting documents by February 15.
- If admitted to CURIE Academy, scholarship awards will be included in the notification.
- All participants are required to pay a $75 non-refundable deposit.
We anticipate admission decisions to be released by early April via email.