The application for the 2019 program will open in late November. Please check in then!
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 program. The online application, online recommendation, transcript, high school profile, and financial assistance form (optional) must be received by March 1, 2019 (by 11:59 pm EST).
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a high school rising junior or senior
- Young women interested in learning about engineering
CURIE Academy tuition – $1450.00*
- Includes room, board/meals, and research supplies
- Payable after notification of acceptance/admission
We strive to make the program accessible for our participants. Thus, we encourage applicants who are concerned about the affordability to attend to also apply for financial assistance.
Rising seniors (class of 2020) who are African/Black American, Latino, Native American/Alaska Native, or Pacific Islander and/or first generation college students meeting the requirements below will automatically be considered for a full tuition waiver for the 2019 CURIE Academy.
- Math Score on the SAT/PSAT/Subject Test should be 620 or above (or equivalent ACT score of 28 or above) and/or
- Have taken, currently taking or plan to take the following courses prior to graduating in 2018: Calculus, Physics, and/or Chemistry (or related advanced Science and Math courses)
*Tuition is subject to change
- Financial assistance for tuition and/or travel is available based upon demonstrated need.
- Submit the Application for Financial Assistance in conjunction with the CURIE Academy application.
- If admitted to CURIE Academy, financial assistance awards will be included in the notification.
To apply for financial assistance, submit the following:
- Financial Assistance Form
- Supporting application documents (upload)
- See Financial Assistance application for details
Admission Decisions will be released by early May via email