Program Dates: July 16-22, 2023
CURIE Academy offers its scholars an authentic college experience. CURIE Scholars participate in daily interactive academic, research, and social activities designed to build literacy surrounding various engineering fields, academic and career pathways, and demystify the STEM admissions process.
- CURIE Scholars participate in nine (9) field sessions led by Cornell Engineering faculty across each of Cornell Engineering’s major fields of study.
- In these sessions, participants learn about the field, related curriculum, current trends and research,
- Each field session includes interactive and hands-on experiences.
- Additionally, Cornell Engineering Admissions provides a 10th field session that demystifies the admissions process for students interested in pursuing their post-secondary studies at Cornell.
- CURIE Scholars attend classes under the auspices of a Cornell Engineering faculty member.
- CURIE Scholars work in small collaborative groups.
- The faculty and a team of post-docs, graduate students, and/or undergraduates instruct and mentor CURIE through a curriculum which culminates into a specific project.
- Groups present their findings or outcomes on the final day. Parents or guardians are welcomed to attend the final presentations.
- CURIE program assistants lead the cohort in social activities and friendly engineering competitions.
- Social activities may include group outings to the Lindseth Climbing Center, Treman State Park, bowling at Helen Newman Hall, and more!