Program Dates: July 14-20, 2019
Each day in the CURIE Academy includes academic, research and social aspects.
Field Sessions (morning)
- Two field sessions led by Cornell Engineering faculty in various engineering disciplines.
- Students learn about the field, curriculum, current trends and research.
- Interactive demonstrations and/or hands-on activities.
- Cornell’s Engineering Admissions presentation providing insight about applying to Cornell and the general admissions process.
Research/Design Project Sessions (afternoon)
- CURIE Scholars work in small collaborative groups under the auspices of a Cornell Engineering faculty research director.
- The faculty and a team of post-docs, graduate students, and/or undergraduates instruct and mentor CURIE through a curriculum which culminates into a specific project.
- Groups presents their findings or outcomes on the final day. Parents or guardians are welcomed to attend the final presentations.
Social Activities (evenings)
- CURIE program assistants lead the cohort in social activities and friendly engineering competitions.
- Review a sample schedule [pdf]
- Please note the schedule below is an overview of the program activities. Faculty, location and times are subject to change.