- Participants of CU LSAMP REU must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Have completed at least two (2) semesters of college by the start of the Summer Research Program
- Have at least two (2) semesters remaining of their undergraduate education at the start of the summer program
- Majoring in a STEM discipline
Additionally, applicants must meet one or more of the following:
- Experienced situations or conditions that impacted your advancement or ability to advance in a STEM field, including but not limited to:
- Demonstrated commitment to address the barriers that prevent participation of students from historically underrepresented groups in graduate STEM programs.
- Demonstrated leadership potential to address the issues of underrepresentation of domestic minorities in STEM fields.
- Attending a minority-serving institution (HBCU, HSI, or Tribal College)