There are various opportunities for Cornell University faculty to get involved with the LSAMP Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates.
- Mentor a visiting or Cornell student in your lab or group for the summer
- LSAMP welcomes cost-share opportunities through your own research grants or NSF REU supplements to support a student’s stipend and/or living expenses.
- Attend the Diversity Undergraduate Summer Research Symposium
- Encourage students who meet the eligibility criteria to apply
- Share the call for applications with colleagues at other institutions
- Participate in the ULSAMP Faculty Advisory Board
- Give a seminar on a topic such as:
- Your research
- Applying to graduate school
- Faculty life and why one should pursue an PhD in STEM
- Getting the most out of your undergraduate research experience
- Recommend an advanced graduate student for summer employment as an LSAMP Graduate Coordinator.
For questions, please contact:
Associate Director, Diversity Programs in Engineering
Diversity Programs in Engineering